Friday, February 12, 2016

My PR babies

So last semester I was chosen as the head of the Public Relations and Marketing Department for my faculty's student club (PEKUMA) and I've learned a lot since then. I took the position knowing the challenges ahead of me. I don't wanna just stay in my comfort zone so I gave it a try. It's not easy, oh who am I kidding, it's damn hard. Hahaha. But my intention from the start was not to succeed but rather to fail and learn. That was what the club's president promised me. He assured me that I will definitely gain a heck load of knowledge and experiences by the end of this. One semester has passed and I've actually learned a lot.

Apart from the actual PR and marketing-related stuff, I've also learnt a thing or two about leadership. I may not be the best leader but I've learnt that a leader should know what and how to motivate their members. I've spent a good amount of time getting to know my members and understanding them on a personal basis. I love my team. Each of them brings something special to complete the team. I find myself inspired by them every time.

Looking forward for the coming semester!

Iqbal's GD "Bang Bang" pose haha xD

My senior executives during junior members' recruitment interview.

Dinner outing. Our take on a "candid" photo :p

Had our meeting outside campus and it was in fact a fruitful one!

My junior execs. They literally call me PR mummy haha I feel so old.

Let's do better next semester guys! :D

0 comments: