Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"social" media?

Oh hi there!
Hmm. Macam ni lah.
Tercetusnya ilham untuk update blog kali ni setelah annoyed dgn whatsapp group yang dipenuhi sembang2 kosong yang ada kalanya tidak relevan. Most probably takda kena mengena dgn anda, tapi layan je lah ye~
 
 
I live by my principles.
I might not talk/chat much in social media. But that's not because I don't like to talk. If you know me, you'd know that I am completely the opposite. I love to talk.
And I love to talk in real life.
I find it way more lively. Alive. Real. Solid. Hardly to be misunderstood. Precise intonations, spontaneous reaction. THIS is communicating.
 
I seriously don't mind if you talk a lot online or in group chats, go ahead. But it saddens me to see what this world has become. Forget the fact that everyone is glued to their phone screens during family dinner &etc; because that's too common to even acknowledge.
 
I'm talking about failing to interact in real life, face to face; flesh to flesh.
Why do I say so?
I was trying to start a conversation with a friend who seemed to be really friendly in chat group, but then, I didn't know what happened to her friendliness in reality. She was too busy being "friendly" and "lively" online, she just lost a possible real solid friend in front of her eyes.
 
Isn't that sad?
 
I can't even hold a conversation for more than 10 minutes without the other person constantly replying to another person on the phone.
 
Is this how we make friends?
Is this how we "socialize"?
 
I think we're doing quite the opposite.

0 comments: