Sunday, October 26, 2014

Convo stall

So as I promised, I will be updating on my recent project.
I am back from my mid-sem break. I had an awesome holiday and birthday vacay which I will update in the coming post.
Before mid-sem break, I was involved in a college project the whole week from Monday to Friday day in till day out daily. The event is with regards to Festival Konvokesyen UM (FESKUM). Every year, our college opens up a food stall at the FESKUM site. So this year was no exception. Our stall which was named La Phewitt 4th Bistro, sold various food and beverages.
For food, we had our signature Kerang Bakar Abang Sado, Chicken and Beef Satay, Nasi Minyak/Tomato with Ayam Masak Merah and Acar, Jagung Bakar, Buah Guava, Chocolate Moist Cake and Nasi Lemak in the morning.
As for drinks we had hot drinks; Coffee and Tea; and cold drinks; Choc Malt, Pink Guava, Asam Boi, Sarsi, Grape, Strawberry, Orange, Mango, Cincau etc.
I was one of the AJK under the Logistics and Inventory Unit. Our job was to count every single item/utensils i.e plates, cups, cutlery, pots, pans, jar, spatula and the list is endless; every single night after our stall is closed down usually at 11pm. During the day, our unit will help out all the other units with either cooking, promoting, cashier, wait tables, do the dishes and etc.
My schedule throughout the week was super packed I was lucky I could even breathe. I managed to not skip even a single class despite my exhaustion running the stall. So as a freshman, my medium of transport is mainly on foot. I walk everywhere. So let me give you a picture; the distance from my college to the stall site is twice the distance of my faculty from college. And I walked to and fro these 3 places every single day of that particular week.
So here's basically my schedule:
Monday: 2 lectures (1 test) & 2 tutorials (2 presentations), straight away duty at stall until 2 am back to college.
Tues: 3 hours of lecture > stall > class at Library > stall > 2 am college.
Wed: Stall > 1 lecture 2 tuto (1 presentation) > stall > meeting PEKUMA > 1 am college.
Thur: Stall > lecture > stall > lunch w Yoonju > Muzium Negara > Stall > Meeting FEA Night > Stall > 1 am college
Fri: Stall 8 am > Tuto 3-4pm > Stall until closing (post mortem) > Transferred everything back to college's dewan > sleep 2 am.
Saturday: HOME! :D
So itulah yang terjadi kepada saya.
Nevertheless, it was a wonderful experience filled with joy, laughter and smile. No regrets at all. It was awesome getting to know those people a lil bit better. Macam2 ragam, but that's the colour of life. Some vibrant, electric, pale, pastel, soft, loud but each special in its own way.
I might not talk very often. But I observe a lot. Thank you for the experience! :D
And thanks for reading ;)